Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Flashback- My OLD wares



Well, considering my camera has been (hopefully temporarily) misplaced, I am unable to show my latest creations! However, I thought I'd include some of the stuff I was doing a few years back when I went through my cushion and bag craze.
I had been given a whole heap of tulip upholstery material and decided to embark upon the 'tulip collection'. Three of my friends still have this some of this collection on their couches!
I did the cushions until my son came along and then it was study,study,study for a couple of years.
Then came the 'tree bags' when he hit about 18th months. I made four of these. The fabric was found in a Warburton opp-shop. I particualrly liked this as it was Australian made. I try to by Aussie made where possible and at least 90% of the stuff I use is recycled or re-claimed in some way.
It's great to be apart of this blogging world and being constantly inspired by all the amazing craft out there. There are so many creative people doing their bit for making stuff with love and good intentions.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Good on you for using reclaimed stuff in your craft.

Check these out!

Check these out!
Assorted items...

Groovy dress made from curtains

Groovy dress made from curtains